MI Lupus Foundation
The Michigan Lupus Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that exists to improve the quality of life for those living with lupus through support, education and research with the goal of finding a cure. The foundation provides financial and informational resources for patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers. Donations made to the MI Lupus Foundation directly help provide patient services like support groups, counseling resources and aid programs like the Lupus Love Project, an emergency grant program to help those impacted by lupus with financial burdens posed by this debilitating chronic disease. Officially named the “Lupus Alliance of America, Michigan Indiana Affiliate,” the MI Lupus Foundation has been continually serving Michigan since 1974 and is working to build a brighter future for all lupus patients and their families.
- Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease that causes the body to attack its own healthy tissues and organs.
- Common symptoms include crippling fatigue, fever and joint pain. There is no cure for lupus.
- More people have lupus than cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, sickle-cell anemia, and cystic fibrosis combined.
- From support groups, to counseling, to financial assistance, the MLF is here to help lupus patients across Michigan.
- Join us at an upcoming symposium, awareness walk, fundraiser and more!