Montessori Children's House, Grand Traverse
Education & Training
Grand Traverse area's only independent Montessori school--educating children for over 30 years.
The Children’s House prepares a Montessori learning environment that supports and respects the development of each unique child and nurtures them to become independent, curious, confident, lifelong learners who strive to contribute to their communities and the greater world. The Children’s House classrooms, infant through junior high, utilize the developmental learning materials created by Dr. Montessori to inspire the students’ curiosity and to help them find answers. The Children’s House selectively adopts the results of current research in the field of developmental education to meet the needs of the 21st century child. The school building and the 8.5-acre campus, completed in 2002, are specifically designed to support the Montessori approach to education.
Located at 5363 North Long Lake Road (across from West Senior High School).
- Partnering With Families To Raise Exceptional Learners
- We believe the real test is life itself.
- We believe in the intelligence of every child and that each child has a gift.
- We believe intelligence can be cultivated and fully expressed through purposeful, interesting work.
- Our goal is for every child who graduates from our school to love learning—for a lifetime.