Northwest Michigan Arts & Culture Network
The Northwest Michigan Arts and Culture Network is the regional arts service organization and Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs regrant agency serving “Region 2” – the ten counties of Northwest Lower Michigan (Antrim, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee and Wexford).
Its mission is ”… to harness the collective power of the creative sector to cultivate vibrant communities by strengthening the regional ecosystem that supports arts and culture.” We do this by connecting individual artists, arts and cultural organizations and community projects throughout the region with resources and opportunities to collaborate, learn, promote, advocate, access funding, strengthen capacity and build engagement. We believe, by working together, our collective voice is strong, and our impact is greater.
The Network advances its mission through the following priorities and backbone services:
• Connecting: Serving as a convener, connector, and central voice to engage and support the region’s artists, arts and cultural organizations, and community stakeholders.
• Learning: Providing professional development, mentoring and educational resources.
• Promoting: Regional branding, promotion, marketing, media relations and digital tools.
• Access to Funding: Administering the Region 2 minigrant program for Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs. Also, leveraging resources, building financial support, and sharing funding opportunities.
• Advocacy: Building engagement, investment and support for the impact and value of arts and culture